Winter months are just calling to soak our body in warm water! Relaxing, Soothing.. and WARMING water is great as it, but why not have some salt, essential oil, herbal tea, or bath soak for added healing and relaxing effect! Wonder what benefits of the Bath Salts/Soaks are? Well, just a few are listed here.
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improve oxygen use
- Flush toxins Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
When choosing a salt for your relaxig bath time, please do not be misleaded by pretty label, color or fragrance! What you should look for in your bath product (and what you can separately purchase to make your own bath salt) is:
- COLORS (most of the natural salts are white/off-white, Himalayan salt is Pint. Mineral Rock salt can be natural darker salt color, contain darker parts. Natural Salt is NEVER Blue, Green, Purple, etc)
- FRAGRANCE OIL (look for natural Essential Oil listed separately as an ingredietn, examples: Pure Essential Oil of Lavender ((Lavandula angustifolia). If it listed as Lavender Fragrance - put it back on the shelf! This is a synthetic fragrance oil that has no therapeutic effect)
- Hard to read/understand Ingredients (if you don't know what it is - put it back. This is simple.)
- Mineral Oil (while is may sound like something natural, and go well next to Mineral Rock salt, this is a synthetic oil, toxic too!)
Wonder how to make your own bath salt?
Here is a simple recipe. All you need is:
• 1 cup Epsom salts • 1 cup baking soda • 50 drops essential oil
Combine Epsom salts and baking soda. Add essential oils, mix well and store in a nonporous covered container. To use, fill the bathtub with warm water and add 4 tablespoons of bath salts to the bath water. Mix the salts into the water to dissolve. ENJOY!